2005 Competition Archives
2005 I2P UT Austin Award WinnersFinalists
The Micro Dynamo
Thomas D. Pate (Mechanical Engineering),
|This is an ultra-compact human-powered battery charger capable of recharging cell phones, digital cameras, and providing energy to soldiers in the field with a simple cranking or pulling motion. The Micro Dynamo is capable of rapidly capturing human energy that continues to recharge your batteries long after one stops cranking or pulling. The MicroDynamo fits into the palm of a hand, snaps to the back of a cell phone, and can easily be adapted to be powered by biking, walking, or with the extension of an arm.|
2005 I2P UT Austin Judges
- Aaron Philipp - Founder and CEO of Affect Consulting.
- Eric Schieck - Co-Founder of the UT Idea to Product® Competition.
- Dr. J. Moore - Chair of the Department of Computer Sciences, University of Texas at Austin.
- Dr. John Butler - Director of the IC2 Institute, University of Texas at Austin.
- Michael Davis - Partner in the Intellectual Property and Technology Transactions Practice Group at Haynes and Boone.
- Rob Adams - Founder and Managing Director of Tejas Venture Partners.