Team Requirements/ Eligibility
For team requirements and eligibility, please see the following:
Any exceptions to these requirements must be approved by the I2P® Coordinator.
- The I2P® UT Austin Competition is open to all UT Austin students, graduate and undergraduate, from any area of study.
- Teams must consist of at least two students and may also include one non-UT student.
- All team members must be currently registered students during the spring semester.
- At least one member of the team must be currently enrolled or have a degree in engineering, science, pharmacy, medicine, or other technology discipline.
- At least one team member must be a member of TES or CEO Texas.
- Multidisciplinary teams are encouraged. Teams are strongly encouraged to have at least one student with a business and /or law/IP academic background. A single team member can meet multiple background requirements.
- Teams must participate in all rounds of the competition, including the feedback round, and at least two team members must be present for the presentations. (There can be any number of presenters; however all team members present must participate in Q&A.)
- Teams that have raised capital prior to the competition or won a business plan competition, cannot compete.
- A product/service proposal submitted by the team in a previous I2P® competition that was not selected for the semifinals can be resubmitted.
- A team may submit only one product/service for the competition.